How does playing cricket keep you healthy? Does it improve it? If yes, how?
Posted June 17, 2021 in Cricket Training.
Cricket is a sport that requires incredible amounts of disciple and hard work. As such, there are bound to be health benefits to it. With the amount of physical effort that one is required to put into it and the fact that one has to take good care of their diet, the sport of cricket has numerous benefits that come along with it. With that in mind, here are some of the health benefits that one can reap by playing cricket.
1. Strengthens muscles: This sport demands strenuous physical exercise, which is bound to strengthen your muscles. With a proper routine and form, you’re bound to see improvements in the strengths of the muscles in your legs, arm and core.
2. Burn calories: Cricket is amazing as a cardio activity and that makes it a great way to burn serious calories. Studies show that one hour of bowling and batting can help you burn up to 350 calories and this, with the constant running in the field, also increases one’s endurance and stamina.
3. Helps your cardiovascular system: Running and fielding in cricket helps you maintain the health of your cardiovascular system. Because of how the strain this much amount of physical exercise puts on your muscles and body, which in turns makes the heart pumps more blood when you run on the field. It improves the functioning of your lungs too.
4. Improves flexibility: Cricket requires its playe4rs to use every part of their body. Playing on-field demands a lot of flexibility from the platers. Additionally, the workout routines that are a part of most players method of practice almost always immensely help one with making their body as flexible as possible.
5. Improves stamina: cricket matches often go on for an extremely long time. Furthermore, the players usually have to run across the entire size of the playing field. This requires immense stamina and playing cricket regularly helps one improve their stamina so they can stay on the field for longer amounts of time.
6. Hand-Eye Coordination: Batters are required to watch the ball, the bowlers are required to watch the batters and the rest of the team has to keep their eye on the ball. It is not enough just to be aware of where things are, you are also required to be quick on your feet. This is bound to improve one’s hand-eye coordination. Additionally, some believe that hand-eye coordination helps you with your peripheral vision.
These are just a few of the health advantages of cricket that I can name off the top of my head. With consistent practice, cricket will help you improve your confidence and people skills. So be sure to practice regularly! You can try Criconet's Live, Interactive, and Online e-Coaching here to train with top level coaches from your home.
Do not press Back or Refresh the page
Kindly wait while we process your request