Posted April 03, 2022 in IPL.
IPL 2022 Highlights so far :
Most Expensive over
- The most expensive over of the Tata IPL 2022 came in the battle between the two West Indians, Andre Russel vs Odean Smith. Dre.Russ got the better of the two where he smacked Odean Smith all over the park for 30 Runs in an over with 4 sixes & 1 four.
- The second expensive over of Tata IPL 2022 was in the Mumbai VS Rajasthan Royals match, Where Jos Buttler thumped Basil thumpi to the cleaners with some clean hitting, scoring 26 runs in a single over which included 3 Sixes and 2 fours. This match also saw the 1st Hundred of Tata IPL 2022 coming from Jos Buttler’s bat (100 off 68 balls)
Most Expensive Spell
The most expensive spell of the IPL came in the second match of the Season in a contest between RCB vs Punjab Kings, Where Mohammad Siraj was punished for 59 runs in a 4 over spell, While Siraj did managed to take 2 wickets, But wasn’t able to stop Odean Smith & Shah rukh khan who went onto chase 206 runs against RCB.
- The most expensive player of Tata IPL 2022, The pocket dynamo Ishan Kishan who went for a whopping 15.25 crores, currently holds the Orange cap with 135 runs with 3 Sixes & 16 fours at a strike rate of 148.35 with a highest score of 81 Not Out against Delhi Capitals.
- While the Englishmen, Mr. Jos Buttler is chasing Ishan kishan for the orange cap with 135 runs in 2 innings with a strike rate of 140.62 which includes 8 Sixes & 14 Fours. He also became the 1st Player to score a Hundred in the Tata IPL 2022.
- The man who almost went unsold in Tata IPL Auction, The Indian veteran Umesh Yadav holds the Purple cap with 8 Wickets in 3 Innings. He has bowled a total of 12 overs & has given away just 59 runs at an economy of 4.92 which is the lowest amongst all bowlers in Tata IPL 2022.
- The Chess master, Yuzi Chahal stands in the second position with 5 wickets in 2 matches at an economy of just 6 runs per over. RCB might just be overlooking on their decision to not retain Chahal, as the leggie almost took a hattrick against Mumbai Indians while taking 2 crucial back to back wickets to turn the match in RR’s favor.
- Jos buttler took a stunning catch running backwards to send Daniel sams back to the pavilion. He himself would be very proud of that catch as he wasn’t wearing the wicket keeping gloves.
- Shubhman Gill produced another sensational backward running diving catch to dismiss Even Lewis. The catch was an awe-struck moment for all the spectators and players in the ground.
There are already few innings which blew the spectators in awe but one innings won a game where they were down and out and not many would have backed Delhi capitals at that stage against Mumbai Indians. It was Lalit Yadav’s innings of 48 not out which was an impactful innings where he walked into bat at 32 for 3 with all big guns back to the pavilion with 148 runs still needed off 16 overs. He stitched a swashbuckling partnership with Axar patel and took his side home with an unbeaten knock against the 5 Times IPL Champions.
Best bowling performance of Tata IPL 2022 after the first week was from Lockie Ferguson who picked up 4 wickets against Delhi Capitals. With this year’s IPL favoring the team chasing, The Gujarat Titans were defending an average score of 171 runs and they needed a magical bowling performance to defend the score with dew on the ground. He went on to pick the crucial wickets of Prithvi Shaw, Mandeep Singh, Axar patel & the Captain of DC, Rishabh Pant and finished with bowling figures of 4 wickets for 28 at an economy of 7 runs per over.