What are the most interesting cricket stats ever?
Find out about some of the most interesting cricketing stats.
Posted August 27, 2020 in Cricket.
Cricket has a lot of very interesting stats which a lot of cricket fans don’t know about. The list below contains a few of these interesting stats that will make cricket lovers scratch their head as to how these took place on the cricket field.
- Sanath Jayasuria, the swashbuckling Sri Lankan opener has a very interesting statistic. But surprisingly it is not related to batting. He has more ODI wickets than the legendary Australian spinner, Shane Warne.
- Adam Gilchrist, the Australian wicketkeeper-batsman has the record for the most consecutive test appearances after debut with a whooping 96 straight Test matches. A testament to his class and fitness on the cricket field.
- Being tall is a boon for fast bowlers as it allows them to exploit the bounce of any cricket surface. But for Morne Morkel it has also proved to be a curse on occasions. He has picked up the most Test wickets off a no-ball, 14 of them.
- What do Alsiatar Cook, Michael Clarke and Brendon McCullum have in common apart from being skippers of their team and amazing cricket batsman. Well the answer is Ishant Sharma. All three of them have scored the three highest individual runs scored against India with Ishant Sharma dropping all three of them early in their innings.
- Chris Gayle, is the only batsman ever in the history of Test cricket to hit a six off the first ball.
- No one has probably had a better birthday gift than Peter Siddle. The Australian fast bowler is the only bowler to take a hat-trick on his birthday.
- Dirk Nannes has represented both Australia and England in international cricket. Eoin Morgan has represented Ireland and England, where he captained the latter to the ICC Cricket World Cup trophy in 2019.
- The God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar has a stat which will really make one scratch their head. He has never crossed 250 runs in an innings in Test cricket. His highest is 248 not out. Wasim Akram, on the other hand, has a high score of 257.
- The England Cricket Team are the only team to lose a 60-over World Cup Final, a 50-over World Cup Final and a 20-over World Cup final. India is meanwhile the only country to win the three World Cups.
- The Wall, Rahul Dravid has a stat which will really make people wonder if this is wrong. Dravid has been bowled out the most of any batsman in the cricket field in Test Cricket, a total of 26 times. But a majority of these were in the fag end of his career.