Who has hit? A long ball
Posted October 30, 2023 in Cricket.
In the captivating world of One Day International (ODI) cricket, power-hitting is celebrated like no other. The ability to send the cricket ball soaring into the stands is a sight to behold. In this article, we delve into the awe-inspiring moments when the cricket ball was dispatched to extraordinary heights and distances. Join us on a journey to explore the longest sixes in ODI cricket.
1. Shahid Afridi (Pakistan) - Shahid Afridi, famously known as "Boom Boom," was one of the most explosive batsmen in the history of ODI cricket. He exhibited his incredible power-hitting skills against South Africa in 2013. In a match at Johannesburg, Afridi launched a colossal six that traveled a staggering 122 meters, leaving spectators and pundits in awe.
2. Martin Guptill (New Zealand) - New Zealand's Martin Guptill is no stranger to clearing the boundaries with ease. In 2012, during an ODI against South Africa, Guptill unleashed a powerful blow that sailed a remarkable 127 meters. His ability to send the ball to the heavens makes him a true six-hitting sensation.
3. Corey Anderson (New Zealand) - Another Kiwi who is synonymous with big hits is Corey Anderson. In the Queenstown ODI against India in 2014, Anderson showcased his might by smashing a delivery for a six that traveled a jaw-dropping 122 meters. His brute force was on full display, leaving fans in sheer amazement.
4. Brett Lee (Australia) - It's not just batsmen who can send the ball into orbit. Fast bowler Brett Lee, known for his express pace, displayed his ability with the bat during an ODI against England in 2005. Lee connected with a delivery that cleared the boundary and traveled approximately 143 meters. This remains one of the longest sixes ever recorded in ODI history.
5. Corey Anderson (New Zealand) - Corey Anderson features on this list again due to his remarkable hitting prowess. In a match against India in 2014, he clobbered a delivery that soared an incredible 122 meters. Anderson's clean striking and extraordinary power make him a six-hitting machine.
The ability to hit a cricket ball for a long six is a testament to the sheer power and skill of a batsman. These remarkable moments in ODI cricket history, brought to us by players like Shahid Afridi, Martin Guptill, Corey Anderson, and even a fast bowler like Brett Lee, are etched in the memories of cricket fans worldwide. These sky-scraping sixes serve as a reminder of the electrifying and awe-inspiring nature of ODI cricket, where every delivery can produce moments of pure magic and astonishing distances.
Do not press Back or Refresh the page
Kindly wait while we process your request