The top 5 bowlers in IPL and how to become a bowler
Posted June 30, 2021 in Cricket Training.
There are many skilled bowlers in the world of cricket, most of whom are experts in different forms of bowling. A lot of these bowlers get to showcase their skills at the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Criconet offers e-Coaching where you can also learn how to be a bowler, and perfect your cricketing skills. Go to criconet.com/coach to get started
Read on to learn more about the top five bowlers in the IPL.
1. Lasith Malinga: Separamadu Lasith Malinga, the Sri Lankan cricketer and fast bowler take up the number one spot on this list. He has consistently played for the Mumbai Indians in the IPL. He is widely regarded as the best bowlers and is the only bowler to have taken 4 wickets in 4 consecutive balls in international cricket, twice. He is commonly referred to by his nickname ‘slinga malinga’ because of his characteristic round-arm action. He was also named the all-time Cricinfo CLT20 XI at the 10th year anniversary of IPL. the star player took 170 wickets in 120 IPL matches.
2. Amit Mishra- Amit Mishra is an Indian cricketer that currently plays for Haryana and the Delhi capitals. In the IPL he has played for the Sunrisers Hyderabad and the Delhi daredevils. He is set to play for the Delhi capitals in 2021. He has taken 157 wickets in 147 matches and is only 10 wickets away from breaking the record for most wickets, a record he is sure to break this year.
3. Piyush Chawla: In third place is Piyush Chawla, who is an Indian cricketer and leg-spinning all-rounder that plays for the indian national team. He played for both the Kings XI Punjab, Kolkata Knight Riders, Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians. He has taken out a total of 156 wickets.
4. Dwayne Bravo: Dwayne Brave is a Trinidadian cricketer and all rounder known for his ‘death bowling’. He captained for the west indies team and played for the chennai super kings and the mumbai indians. He is deemed the fourth most successful bowler at 153 wickets. He overthrew Abie MMorkel to become Chennai super king’s leading wicket taker in 2013.
5. Harbajan Singh: Harbajan sign is a popular indian cricket player and actor known for having the second highest number of test wickets as an off-spinner. He was the captain of the Mumbai indians and the pubjabi cricket team. He played for both the chennai Super Kings and the Kolkata Knight Riders. As the fifth best bowler in the IPL, he has taken out a total of 150 wickets in 160 matches.
Do not press Back or Refresh the page
Kindly wait while we process your request