A collection of quotes by our favorite cricketers. Be inspired!
Posted June 09, 2021 in Cricket.
Cricket is known as a gentleman’s game. It is a game that screams elite from its every pore. A beautiful pitch, twists, turns, sweeps, lofts and fine flannels are commonly associated with cricket. What makes cricket so special? It indeed is a game that exudes a delightful spirit and has always had a humongous, global fan base. What also makes cricket such a lovable game is the players, the cricketers whom we have come to adore and cherish over the years. Let's look at some quotes by our favorite cricketers which are inspiring as well as give us an insight into the kind of people these cricketers are.
- “When people throw stones at you, you turn them into milestones.”– Sachin Tendulkar
- “When you have to work, work with a smile.” - Kapil Dev
- “You don’t play for the crowd, you play for the country.” - Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- “I have failed many times, but I never stop trying.” - Rahul Dravid
- “I am jealous of my parents. I will never have a kid as cool as theirs.” - Chris Gayle
- “My first bat was shaped of a coconut branch. And from that day, all I wanted to do was be a cricketer.” - Brian Lara
- “There was a legacy before I came in, and it was my job to take the baton and make sure I held it tight and ran like hell.”– Sir Vivian Richards
- “To me, cricket is a simple game. Keep it simple and just go out and play. “– Shane Warne
- “I was always fiercely determined and driven to succeed.” - Ricky Ponting
- “A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by own.” - Adam Gilchrist
- “Actually nobody can be perfect in cricket. Everybody makes mistakes. It is important to learn from your mistakes and correct them.”– Kumar Sangakkara
- “I used to lie awake at night, willing myself to put in the hard work, the determination, the passion.” – Kevin Pietersen
- “No matter how hot the fire burns, a protea always survives.” – AB Devilliers
- “First of all, convince yourself that you are the best because the rest of your life is going to go proving this to others.” – Wasim Akram
- “My job is to perform, enjoy cricket and thank God for whatever he has given me.”– Suresh Raina
- "Cricket is battle and service and sport and art." – Douglas Jardine
- “You’re always going to be criticized to a degree. Some people didn’t like Mother Teresa as well.”- Brendon McCullum
- “Concentration’s like a shower, you don’t turn it on until you want to bathe. That was cricket for me.”– Sir Garfield Sobers
- “Cricket is the most important thing to me, so rest pales in comparison.”– Virat Kohli
- “The key to handling pressure is to enjoy it when you’re confronted with it rather than worry about it too much.”- Steve Waugh
- “When things are going well, the toothbrush bristles stay straight and soft. When it isn’t, it seems the toothbrush has the-out-of-the-bed look.”– Gautam Gambhir
- “Compromise for your dream but never compromise on your dream.”– Imran khan
- “I have failed more times than I have succeeded, but I never gave up, and will never give up, till my last breath, and that’s what cricket has taught me.”– Yuvraj Singh
- “If it’s difficult, I will do it now. If it’s impossible, I will do it presently.”– Don Bradman
- “Never give up; just absolutely never give up.” – Shane Warne
I hope you get some motivation and inspiration from reading these quotes by some legendary cricketers.