Read out some of the interesting things about Sachin Tendulkar's personal life and some unknown stories of his cricket career.
Posted June 09, 2021 in Indian Team.
Sachin Tendulkar is called to be the ‘God of Cricket’. He has been an inspiration to many million followers and motivates the young generation to work for their dreams. During his career, he has entertained fans across the globe with wonder shots, beautiful strokes and effortless dedication. But here are some of the trivial things which are unknown to many people.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s middle name is ‘Ramesh’. His name is Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar. He is named after his father, who was a great novelist and writer for Marathi newspapers. His father gave him the name after his favourite music director ‘Sachin Dev Burman’ (S.D. Burman).
- During his young age, Tendulkar wanted to be a fast bowler but ended up becoming a batsman after being rejected by Dennis Lillee's MRF Pace Foundation in 1987.
- Maruti-800 was the first-ever car to be bought by Sachin Tendulkar.
- During his first ODI match, Sachin scored 0 runs.
- He was the youngest player to play county cricket at the age of 19.
- He is the first-ever global batsman to be given out by the third umpire in 1992 when Jonty Rhodes' throw got Tendulkar's shot at the crease.
- Sachin was gifted with a Ferrari by the famous F1 racer Michael Schumaker, he was so obsessed with his car that he could even let his wife Anjali drive the car.
- Sachin Tendulkar is also called Little Master due to his lack of height. Short height players benefit from technical aspects playing flicks, drives, cuts better than tall players.
- Sachin used to carry a very heavyweight bat, weighing around 3.2 lbs.
- Sachin Tendulkar holds the record for making most centuries in a year i.e. 9 ODI centuries in 1998 with 1894 runs.
- In his debut match against Pakistan, the pads he wore were gifted to him by Sunil Gavaskar.
- Sachin was without a bat contract until the beginning of the 1996 Cricket World Cup. Toward the finish of the competition, the MRF tyre supported his willow.
- In 2002, Wisden positioned him as the second-best player ever, after Sir Donald Bradman.
- Tendulkar's 50-over career went on for a stunning 22 years and 91 days.
- Sachin made a record by playing a stunning 200 Test matches during his cricket career.
- Tendulkar is the lone Indian cricketer and the most youthful individual to get Bharat Ratna. Different honours incorporate Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri.
- He got going with 100s in his debut matches in the Ranji, Duleep and Irani Trophies.
- Tendulkar grew his hair and tied a band around it to duplicate John McEnroe, a previous tennis star of whom he was a major fan.
- Sachin got his 50th test century while batting with his favourite vampire bat.
- He went to see the film Roja in 1995 in a mask however it turned out badly after the public in the film theatre recognised him.
- Sachin's favourite food is 'Vada Pav', a popular Maharashtrian snack.
- Tendulkar has been India's only dynamic cricketer to be named to the Rajya Sabha.